Wednesday, June 28, 2006

2007--I said I wouldn't plan, but here goes....

January: Goofy Challenge, Disney World--1/2 marathon Saturday, full marathon Sunday

May (end): DeSoto Triple T. Team Crackheads (me and my friend Cindy) are competing in the Masters category--where your total age needs to be 80+. Cindy is only 36, yet she is brave enough to team up with me, who will be 50! Friday night is a sprint tri, Saturday we do an Oly in the morning and again in the afternoon (but sports are in a different order), and Sunday is a 1/2 Ironman. Each of us does each race solo, but scoring is based on fastest and we get to draft one another in the 2nd Oly race. I spoke with one of the race directors this evening, and he tells me from other competitors who have done Ironman races that this is harder. BRING IT ON!!! I was looking for a new challenge, and the opening of race registration announcement arrived in my email box this morning, and I just knew I had to do it for once, so I called Cindy to check if she'd be in, and well we are. I really don't care if our team is DFL--just completing this bad boy is a badge of honor. Anyone else who is interested, head to http://hfpregistration.com/ to register now since it's a small race and fills quickly.

July (end): Ironman Lake Placid, The Vengeance. This was my first Ironman race. Cindy's, too. She was faster than me. Who's faster now??? We shall see. It might rain, it might snow, it might be hot, but I know there aren't jellyfish in Mirror Lake, and I doubt it will be 110F.

Rest of year: As tolerated. Maybe I will hang up my bike and run shoes at this point. Who can say?

This is a challenging schedule. If I can get to Disney healthy and not catch any airplane crap, I am good to go, as I will for sure be driving to Ohio for the Triple T and maybe caravaning with Cindy to Lake Placid.

I think this will be more fun than doing 2 Ironman races in a year. I also think I will be kicking myself this winter again thinking "I will NEVER do an early Ironman race." Well, Triple T isn't really an Ironman--it will just feel that way after it's all over. Talk about your long training weekend! I am guessing there will be several double long run weekends between January and May.

Time for sleep, I am so excited though :)

3 comments:

Fe-lady said...

You are not alone out there...I have 07 and 08 sketched in too! :-)

Steven said...

"Maybe I will hang up my bike and run shoes at this point."

Yea...right.

Who you trying to fool with that nonesense?

Darren said...

That Triple T looks veeerrry interesting..

I too must exact 'vengeance' on IMLP.. but not until I learn how to nail my nutrition.

Good to see you've beat your post IM doldrums and are back in fine form. Cheers!