Thursday, May 31, 2007

Random Thoughts



It's asphalt driveway sealing season here in Chicagoland, and I've seen a company called "Paveman." You think my first thought was to assume it had something to do with driveways? No. I thought, "Where is that race and I bet the T-shirt is awesome!"


The very first flower picture in previous post played host to a ruby-throated hummingbird today! In case you don't know what the flower is, it's a Louisiana iris that was transplanted from my front yard to the back when the sidewalk was put in 2 summers ago. The thing is blooming like the dickens now and spreading faster than you can say JAM!


I am still working on my TTT race report. I'm up to 5 pages, through Race 1! I am going to publish it on trifuel.com so that I can include boatloads of photos and not clog up Blogger.


Yesterday I swam 2900 yards in the morning, then did a 1:30 super easy bike ride on my MTB in the afternoon followed by a :20 run (really slow). It wasn't until later in the day I realized I had essentially done ANOTHER triathlon. I suppose that after Triple T, a lot of my training just won't feel like that big of a deal.


My legs and feet are still a little puffy, but going down. I had dinner with a friend yesterday and she and the waiters kept laughing because I just kept eating and eating, and I had to unscrew the salt shaker so I could SEE the salt come out. It had miniscule holes that just didn't do the job on a big plate of boiled potatoes!


Finally, I'm having one of my "suppliers" locate one of the Catlike helmets. I saw one at Triple T and I think they are just MEAN looking, and I want one (silver, medium, please!).
Later.

2 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Those helmets remind me of some hornets nests around my house...they should be pretty cool on the head though!!

effendi said...

Those helmets look like they'd be super cool with all those vents....j