Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekly Workout Totals 2/25/2008-3/2/2008 and BEST WATER EVER!

Swam this AM, and the water was ALMOST COLD! Last Wednesday when I swam it was pretty nice, but this morning it was even better. I'd say the temperature was maybe 81--it could have been 80. All I know is that below 80 I am freezing (sans wetsuit), and this morning I didn't rest very much because I'd get chilled. Also, I had goosebumps when I got out. NICE! I almost stuck around just so I could hear the water aerobics ladies complain about how cold it is. I hope the water is just as cold on Wednesday.

I guess that counting last week, I've now had 4 good training weeks in a row. There was a time not too long ago that I couldn't see that happening, but it is happening, and I'm happy for it. Yesterday I hit TSS 207 in a 2:30 trainer ride. Yes, that probably means my FT is on the rise, and I am pushing the watts whenever I can right now. By way of example, in the Miami Man 1/2 IM in 2006, my TSS was 173 for a 2:41 ride, so no matter how you cut it, that was a pretty hard ride I did yesterday. And then I ran :30--I was all ready to run outdoors, but it was raining, so I just hurried up and drove to the Y and ran on the treadmill, wearing running tights and a bra top. When I was about done, some woman gets on the TFM next to me and asks me if I know how to use it. Well, not really, I just hit start and manipulate the speed according to what I think I need to do, so I know how to do that, but these new TFM's are all touch screen and pretty easy to figure out. At first I told her to go get a trainer to show her (I guess she figured I looked like one of them?), but then I was almost done, and I figured out what she wanted to do. And then she starts walking, but she's holding on to the TFM, so I figured that since I had helped her and since she probably figured me for some sort of "exercise buff" (!), I told her that it didn't count if you held on, that you weren't getting a good workout, and I told her to slow down the speed to the point where she could just walk without holding on. I have no idea whether she took my advice or not, but I could tell other "walkers" heard me say those heinous words. Actually, I couldn't believe that woman was brave enough to get on the TFM next to me because after already having spend 2:30 on the trainer, I did not smell very nice at all.

Here's to another good week for me and for everyone reading!

Weekly Workout Totals 02/25/2008-03/02/2008
Swim: 8400 yards (4.77 miles) in 2.93 hours; 19% of weekly workout time; approx. 1027 calories burned
Bike: Approx. 109.39 miles in 6.25 hours; 40% of weekly workout time; approx. 2814 calories burned; Total TSS=516
Run: Approx. 32.61 miles in 5.01 hours; 32% of weekly workout time; approx. 2276 calories burned
Strength: 1.62 hours; 10% of weekly workout time; approx. 405 calories burned
All Sports: Approx. 146.77 miles in 15.81 hours; approx. 6522 calories burned
Sleep: 8.39 hours avg./night
Stretching: 2.38 hours. Massage: 0 hours

1 comment:

Fe-lady said...

You would LOVE our pool then...it's pretty much over 80 all the time. Until we complain...yesterday it was about 77-78! (Yea!)
The water aerobics ladies hate lap-swimmers!