Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wet Man 2008

That's about all I can say about this. We are into day 3 of monsoon rains care of Hurricane Ike, and are now on Day 2 of NothingMan. Obviously, the plans have changed from a single day festival to do whatever we can whenever we can. I've got some water in my basement, but it's not as bad as some people have. There's a new lake, Lake Nothing, on my street.

We managed to swim yesterday, thinking we'd only have 1 hour during mid-day lap, but then nobody made us stop so we kept going. Rob did all 2.5 miles; me--I didn't count, which was rare for me, but covered a lot of ground.

Then we had to decide about riding in the rain some, all or nothing. We ended up doing about 3 hours in the rain in Fermilab. It wasn't too bad--no lightning, and pleasant enough temperatures.

It's still raining and not stopping anytime soon, so we're going to finish up riding on...THE TRAINER...and then head out and get the run done.

FREE BIRD!!!

3 comments:

Born To Endure said...

Thanks for the updates, checked the www.nothingmanlive.com website for updates..got nothing..oh well.

Hope you get 'er done!

D said...

Obviously not going exactly as planned, but this is serious NothingManness. I mean seriously... it's fucking hurricane!

Mark said...

i heard that some private equity firm made a fat offer to purchase Nothingman - can you confirm this rumor?

All or nothing, bitches!!!