Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Hump Day!

The week goes pretty well so far. It hasn't snowed much at all for several days, and it's not expected to snow again until next week. So getting a break from shoveling is good.

Monday was a nice day off--I did all three workouts (:30 swim, :45 run and 1:05 strength), took a short nap and got a haircut. Just before I left for my haircut, my new ottoman arrived. A friend had suggested that I needed one in the living room, and about a week ago, I sat quietly and thought if I could have anything I wanted, what would it be? And I thought silver leather. Lo and behold, the Internets have anything you want, and I found it and ordered it. I was happy when I opened up the box and discovered it doesn't weigh too much and I can carry it and move it around easily. So of course, the first thing I did was put it in the living room to see how it looks. Awesome! And next I tested out its strength--not so much for my feet, but it looked to be good for incorporating into my stretching routine. Actually, I can turn it on its side and lay on my back and get the best spine stretch you can imagine! Of course, I need to be careful not to slide off of it ;) Let's just say I also noticed the height of the thing might make it come in handy in "other" situations...sometimes a small platform can be useful, you know?

Yesterday, I executed my bike workout:

WU: 15' wup, 3' spinups
MS: 3 x 2' (1') @ 105%, 2' Easy,

4 x (6' @ FT then 1' @ 105-110%, 2' Easy), 1' Easy,

10 x 30/30'

CD: 3' Easy


pretty damn well. Funny how I have so much power when I haven't lifted right before riding and haven't shoveled snow in several days! But I can do better, and I get the opportunity again tomorrow to do the same workout, so I'll see if I can hit a higher TSS number.

I finished up the abs/core piece of my workout in the afternoon yesterday, and after work I got an awesome massage. I'd say my back/hips are at 99% now, as one of the things I was able to do yesterday is my twisting medicine ball/stability ball oblique exercise (that I made up and that is included in my abs/core routine on the sidebar) without feeling any restriction in my obliques! Yee-haw!

After my massage, I finished sewing a pair of tiger-striped flannel pants (I've got 3 more pairs almost finished--blue tiger-stripes, red, orange and yellow flaming skulls and tiny red lobsters on a white background), cleaned up a bit, ate some dinner and then spent some quality time with a friend to cap off 2 excellent days to begin my week.

Today, I've already swum 2500 yards, and I have a track workout to do in a few hours, and then I'm making dinner for a friend that I haven't seen in months...usually I go over to her house, but I'm having her here so she can see what's happened to my place, and we will talk and catch up and eat some good foods and drink some wine.

I am still working on shuffling workouts for the next 2 days because I want to be somewhat rested for the little indoor triathlon on Sunday. It should be interesting...I feel ready for a really hard effort, but I also dread it. Those short, hard things can be really rough, but it will also be fun and nice since this one is maybe 3 miles from home, and my wave goes off at 8:30AM. So I can get up, get it done, run for about 1:30 afterwards, and it will just be noon, and I can catch a nap and just lay around the rest of the day!

I love my new ottoman and decided to make a little art out of it today. Or is it art? Just some objects that I thought would look neat on it:

No comments: