Friday, January 16, 2009

TIKI HUT FORTRESS OF FUCKING...ER...SOLITUDE!!!

So it's really cold here. REALLY cold. And we've had a lot of snow. For the past week or so, whenever I look out my kitchen window at my neighbor's house, this is what I see:
That house has had no gutters on it for about 10 years, and while the new owner began replacing the roof 3 years ago, they never finished because they discovered the wall facing my house was rotted through. DUH!

Anyway, I've been looking at these awesome icicles, and since it warmed up to -5 today, when I got back from swimming, I decided I should harvest some of them and at least make a nice sculpture thingie in my yard, since the ice probably won't melt for at least a few days. So I began grabbing at them to get some really nice pointy ones, but I couldn't do anything with the one that has frozen all the way to the ground--it is just too strong! I didn't get really artistic or anything, but just made something that reminded me of Superman's ice palace, and this is what I came up with:


Not bad for a few minutes of work, eh? Just so you get an idea of how much ice I harvested, here's the neighbor's house after I pilfered:


But then I thought, hey, the Tiki Hut has never been outdoors in the snow...and you guessed it...

Here's the aerial view:

Here's the front view:

Here's the two horn dogs going at it, as usual:

And then I don't know how they got on top of that big hunk of ice, but they did!

6 comments:

Kim said...

OMG you crack me up.

Pete said...

Words fail me.

Eric said...

I guess dolls don't get "shrinkage" LOL!!!

Crackhead said...

Even though that's the Brazilian slut with Ken, I'm pretty sure both of them are originally from Iceland, hence, they are pretty used to the ice ;)

jaretj said...

I just got back to bloggerland. That is hilarious!!! jaretj

Born To Endure said...

OMG hilarious