Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Outdoor Ride on LGL in 2009!


Aw, man...68 degrees sunny and windy...I was in HEAVEN! Rode for almost 1:45, and wanted to just keep going, but work calls...

I didn't ride with a plan other than to go as hard as I could up any hill in my path. The wind helped me keep my effort up, too. As you can see from the pic above, my legs are in no danger of becoming skinny, but they will brown up one of these days.

It's supposed to cool off again tomorrow, so I won't get outside on the bike again until maybe Saturday, which may prove to be too cool anyway. That's OK, it's only March, and I am happy to be getting outdoors more, even if it's just to run.

But boy, I still love LGL. Her stiffness is especially appreciated when riding through all the potholes created by our snow-filled winter. Stiff is good!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Before I even read the post I noticed those strong legs. Pale, but strong!

The first ride outsde is one of my favorite times of year. Awesome stuff.

Andy said...

I am so happy that the weather is warming up here too! Finally got two outdoor rides in the last two weeks and I am craving for more. I cannot wait to get my seasoned tri tan back ;)