Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Indulging my Inner Pirate (some links NSFW)

For some reason, since sometime last fall, I have been lusting after all things pirate. I made my girls, Shelley and Cindy, some pink shirts with pirates (Shelley needs to post pics of it!), made myself a black shirt with a pirate on it, made the duvet cover with pirates and zebras, got some unmentionables with pirates (and trust me--the supply of that stuff is limitless--I've located some additional sources here and here that spark my interest), and most recently, enhanced my swim gear to include some new pirate stuff.

I got this cap (which I wore to race in on Sunday):


these goggles (broke the first pair changing the nose bridge; got a replacement last night; will try them out tomorrow):

and I designed this suit at Splish.com, which should arrive in another week or so:
I receive a surprise in the mail last week, a gift from my friend, Susan, who had hinted that she had found something "with my name all over it." Yep, she was dead on, I mean pirates and zebra stripes? It's this purse/carry thingie:

How cool is that? Susan found it at some craft fair, and told me that when she spotted it, her first thought was that it was screaming my name! Thanks, Susan--I love it!

You'd think I'd be all over the Avia stuff, but sadly, no pirates on the shoes that I can see. I'm going to start tracking down some sort of pirate shoes, and no, it won't be knee-high "pirate" boots or these. Although, wouldn't it be funny to show up in transition wearing those? Who knows---maybe the Jolly Roger will be flying at TTT and IMLP!

3 comments:

Kim said...

i fucking love it all, but especially the bathing suit!!! i want to be part of the pirate crew!

Crackhead said...

Hey, Kimmers!

You can order the Booty suit by going here: http://www.splish.com/designs/99602

and then change just the size (it's set up for a size SMALL) and order away!

GET FUCKING BOOTY!!!

Shelley said...

I think you need to design your own zebra/pirate compression sox..