Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekly Workout Totals 1/15/2007-1/21/2007


OK, so this is just an excuse to gloat a little bit about Da Bears. Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears Da Bears! Remember that it's a SOFT S, a la the Superfans.
I had what I consider a near perfect day yesterday. I did a 1:30 run (first one since Goofy), that felt great. Then I swam :30 just to cool off, went home and lifted for :30, got ready to watch the game, and then totally enjoyed the game (and yes, there were beers involved). I was even happy to hear that the Colts are now favored in Super Bowl XLI, since the Bears were the underdogs yesterday and look what that made them do?
Anyway, I got back to training last week. In the big scheme of things, it was still an easy week for me, but a nice comeback from Goofy. This week I start up again with coach Rich, and I'm excited to see what he's going to throw at me. We chatted last week, and he asked me why I can't do "just" a 1/2 marathon or "just" a marathon. I'll do that eventually! For now, the focus is on the Triple T in May. I have my first indoor sprint in 3 weeks, and I'll be running long after it as race-specific prep. I'm still on huge strength workouts for another 7 weeks, and in that time I'll hit 3 races.
One last thing--I have to say that it always feels SO great to get back to full training after a break. My outlook on life is brighter; everything looks nicer. I suppose it doesn't hurt to have your football team winning, either!

Weekly Totals 01/15/2007-01/21/2007
Swim: 6800 yards (3.86 miles) in 2.4 hours; 21% of weekly workout time; approx. 841 calories burned
Bike: Approx. 81.97 miles in 4.68 hours; 41% of weekly workout time; approx. 2361 calories burned
Run: Approx. 24.75 miles in 3.88 hours; 34% of weekly workout time; approx. 1760 calories burned
Strength: 0.5 hours; 4% of weekly workout time; approx. 125 calories burned
All Sports: Approx. 110.58 miles in 11.46 hours; approx. 5087 calories burned
Sleep: 8.93 hours avg./night
Stretching: 2.35 hours. Massage: 1.5 hours

2 comments:

Harriet said...

sorry but "Da Bears" were actually favored to beat the Saints by 2.5 points.

I still enjoyed the game though, and the Colts are indeed favored.

Comm's said...

Good God I love looking at those totals.