Saturday, August 25, 2007

Get it While It's Free!!! Crackhead's IMLP Race Report Podcast!!!


HERE

Please note this podcast will disappear into a private area at some point in the future. So if you've ever wanted to listen to me babble (as interviewed by my coach, Rich), even you pervs, take a listen now. It's a little like phone sex, if you think about it. I will be featured on future podcasts at Endurance Nation, FYI.

Rich had to stop me after 45 minutes, as I can babble on ad infinitum about things in my knowledge areas.

In other news, I seem to be coming around. At least my body now wants to sleep more, which is a good thing. I was able to run for 1:50 on Thursday (on no sleep and a hangover, I might add, AND the first 1:10 was on a treadmill and the last :40 on an indoor track, AND the track time was at a good pace), and did a 4400-yd. swim yesterday (I just couldn't get up early enough to get in 5,000 yards before 7:45, when I had a work meeting to attend). Really bad storms rolled through Chicago on Thursday evening, and I got some water in my basement, but that's almost cleaned up. Today will be just a short ride (2 hours) and some running, and then tomorrow I am going to see if I can ride 200k (FLAT!) at a decent pace.

I got Bitchie back, and she's got the Ergomo on there now. I already miss the SRM...that damn Ergomo meter is a huge sonofabitch. Oh well, thank God I have abandoned the use of an aerobottle, since the fucking meter sits ON the aerobars now. I am so small, and my bike is so small that everything on it is pretty tight (he he so am I), so it wouldn't fit on the stem extension. Also, in installing the compact crankset, I ended up with a new Dura Ace front derailleur. My LBSG, Anthony, who put it on, asked me to guess how many derailleurs he had to go through before he found one that fit (he did try SRAM, which would have been cool). I guessed 6, and I was right! We high fived over that. I swear sometimes I'm psychic.

LGL is now in the shop getting sexed up to the max with her red Nokon cables. I will need to show up next week with some beer for Anthony, since the cables are installed piece by piece. I got after him again about my magpie decals, so we'll see if we finally get that going.

I know lots of peeps racing Ironman Louisville and Ironman Canada. I hope everyone has a great day.

Plans for IMWI spectating and Nothingman live coverage are in the works...

No comments: