Friday, March 14, 2008

Full NothingMan 2008


It's Saturday, 9/13/2008. Start time will be 6:00AM (we need to be out of the pool by 8AM because Masters swim begins then). Contact me if you are interested and have the cojones to do this without all the NAS Sports (or whatever it's called now) hoopla.

  • No participant booklet.
  • No registration fee.
  • No expo.
  • No day before bike check in (you can just show up day of if you want).
  • No T-shirts.
  • No medals.
  • No awards.
  • Nobody yelling, "YOU ARE A NOTHINGMAN" at the finish.
  • No official timing.
  • No (or very little) support.
  • No packet pickup.
  • No age groups.
  • No bib numbers.
  • No drafting penalties (in fact, drafting on the bike is highly encouraged)

You do need to be prepared, though. Virgins will have their preparation carefully scrutinzed by me. Participants need to be able to finish the swim in under 1:30, the bike in under 7:00, and while you technically have until midnight to finish the run, the pizza might be gone by then.

I can accommodate 6 people in my house, or there are nearby hotels/motels like Sybaris, for example, in case you feel you need to have an orgy before or after, or if you'd rather stay elsewhere (some people find me scary).

Once you are committed, it's up to you to do the training, etc. There are currently EIGHT AVAILABLE SLOTS for the full. There is no limit on folks doing a partial training day.

If you are interested, leave a comment with your Blogger ID that shows your email address, and I'll contact you via email.

6 comments:

Mike said...

Love the idea ... if I was closer I'd join you! :)

Good Luck!

effendi said...

Does this qualify me for the NothingMan world Championships in Nowhereville ?

Will I be able to get my NothingMan tattoo ?

Crackhead said...

Sure you can get a NothingMan tattoo. Can't you see the one I have in the center of my forehead???

Darren said...

Doing Muskoka 70.3 the following day..
maybe I should just HTFU and do both!

(cough..)

Looks like a great time, wish I could be there!

Crackhead said...

Ya know? That is something to shoot for--a HIM followed by a full IM the next day. 2009???

And oh, yes, you definitely need to HTFU!!!

Born To Endure said...

YOU are such a crackhead..woot!!