Sunday, March 23, 2008

Weekly Workout Totals 03/17/2008-03/23/2008 and Miscellaneous Stuff

I know there are some people who have "feelings" towards the posting of the amount of time spent doing something. Feelings are good, but remember that numbers are just that--numbers--and if you choose to react to them in some way, I just hope that you enjoy your reaction!

I believe I have some sort of virus, but the good news is that I think I'm mostly done with it. I ended up not working on Tuesday because I felt so crappy, but I couldn't tell if I was partly overtrained or actually sick. Having a sinus headache for several days convinced me that I surely had something but that doesn't mean I wasn't overtraining, either. Every time I try something new to see how far I can push myself, well, there's always a chance of overdoing it. I think that when I wasn't able to kick out my usual intensity, the volume and sequence of workouts I was doing were just fine. But when I decided I could go full bore pretty much every day, well, guess what? Not.

So, lesson learned. At least once I knew I had a virus, I took things pretty easy. It was weird because I could do a workout and feel good doing it, but then a few hours later feel like crap. Such is life. Today I nailed a pretty good intensity bike and run (3 hours worth total), and while I am pretty wiped out and hungry as hell, I don't feel "sick." I only hope I wake up feeling this good tomorrow morning!

As is the case with any holiday now, I really missed both my parents. I had a short cry near the end of my run today, but I was enjoying running outside so much that it seemed like Mom and Dad would rather see me being happy doing something I love, so I just continued on.

IF I'm mainly recovered from my virus AND I get my workout sequence correct this week (meaning I need to actually take an EASY day tomorrow), THEN my plan for the weekend is to do a sprint NothingMan on Friday, and on Saturday do two Olympic NothingMan's back to back, same as like at Triple T, meaning the second one is bike-swim-run instead of the usual swim-bike-run. Of course, Sunday will be a rest day. It's still too cold for me to bike outdoors, but the weather is OK for outdoor running now, and if it's dry on Saturday, that will be excellent for a NothingMan. I guess if part of it is outdoors I should call it a half-assed double-roly-poly-Oly NothingMan. Try ordering one of those at Starbucks! NO FOAM, PLEASE.

Weekly Workout Totals 03/17/2008-03/23/2008
Swim: 8700 yards (4.94 miles) in 3.13 hours; 22% of weekly workout time; approx. 1097 calories burned
Bike: Approx. 87.51 miles in 5 hours; 34% of weekly workout time; approx. 2251 calories burned; Total TSS=413
Run: Approx. 28.45 miles in 4.43 hours; 31% of weekly workout time; approx. 2010 calories burned
Strength: 1.95 hours; 13% of weekly workout time; approx. 488 calories burned
All Sports: Approx. 120.9 miles in 14.51 hours; approx. 5846 calories burned
Sleep: 8.39 hours avg./night
Stretching: 2.23 hours. Massage: 0 hours

1 comment:

Cindy Jo said...

Get well soon! You are one crazy beeotch!!!