Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekly Workout Totals 04/07/2008-04/13/2008



It was a busy weekend. Saturday morning I ran about 12 miles (on the dreadmill, yuk) and then swam a little, and then I went to the bike shop to pick up LGL and drop Bitchie for repairs.


While there, I ordered carbon cages for LGL. I had tried to get some other ones last year but we couldn't get them, but I just had to have something new for the bikes so I settled on the Elite cages. They shall be sweet! While I was waiting for my mechanic, Anthony (also Italian--I seem to hang with many Italians), I felt myself getting hypoglycemic, and I had to grab a bottle of Gatorade out of the cooler at the shop.

When I got home, I finished stretching and then began preparing a good meal. My friend, Matt, had been in Italy a few weeks ago and he sent me the 3 bottles of wine you see. I cracked open a pedestrian Vino Rosso, which turned out to be stupendous! I also think it had a higher alcohol content than most wines you would buy here, because I got quite the buzz going. Anyway, what I cooked was chicken with olives and spaghetti with tomato/onion/anchovy sauce. Excellent! I only drank 1/2 a bottle of wine, and then I guess I decided I needed some more exercise, because I decided to spin some records and do a little dancing. When all was said and done, I ended up eating almost another meal right before going to sleep, knowing I had a solid workout today.

Well, let's just say this morning was not entirely pleasant. A bit hungover, but hey, I know I can ride a bike that way, so I went about some morning stuff, and when I finally got on the bike (trainer--another crappy day here), I had a great warmup and then got a solid workout in, despite the fact that my legs were sore from yesterday--I don't normally have an urge to go dancing after a 12-mile run!

When I started to run, OMG my legs were sore, but I've experienced this before, and after 10 minutes they didn't feel "too" badly. But I felt really overheated, and decided to go onto the indoor track for 10-15 minutes. Well, when I got there, I realized that my blood sugar was dropping precipitously, and so I ate a gel and sat down for a bit. I had broken out in a cold sweat, felt dizzy, all the usual hypoglycemia symptoms. I cut the run a bit short, although I was sort of chuckling to myself. I guess just Gatorade is not enough nutrition for me on the bike anymore!

I still got in plenty o' training for the week, and next weekend is the Triple Dog Dare NothingMan weekend, so there's no need for me to shell myself in anticipation. I guess you could say I had a little taperoni this week.

Weekly Workout Totals 04/07/2008-04/13/2008
Swim: 9800 yards (5.56 miles) in 3.5 hours; 24% of weekly workout time; approx. 1225 calories burned
Bike: Approx. 86.05 miles in 4.92 hours; 34% of weekly workout time; approx. 2994 calories burned; Total TSS=315
Run: Approx. 30.01 miles in 4.6 hours; 31% of weekly workout time; approx. 2085 calories burned
Strength: 1.65 hours; 11% of weekly workout time; approx. 413 calories burned
All Sports: Approx. 121.62 miles in 14.67 hours; approx. 6717 calories burned
Sleep: 7.79 hours avg./night
Stretching: 2.23 hours. Massage: 0 hours

2 comments:

Andy said...

Hmmm, Dancing and Drinking as a new form of Ironman Training.... I love it!!! Where do I sign up for this stuff ;)

Marni Sumbal, MS, RD said...

I really like your blog...and love the food pics!