Thursday, December 25, 2008

Going Nordic

I got some new gear yesterday! I was invited to go and ski a nearby trail yesterday, but I didn't because I want a chance to go out on my own and just get used to things. I didn't need to get my ass kicked during my test drive!

We are not supposed to get any new snow today and the temps will be relatively mild in the 20's (eventually--it's only 7 right now). Then it's supposed to rain (ick) for a few days, so my next chance to ski won't be until next week sometime.

I haven't skiied in years, and I threw out my old skis as part of the remodeling/crawl space purge. I bought the new skis at REI, and I should not be allowed in that store! But I don't really need any triathlon gear, so it was a nice change of pace to buy something different. But, I am still psyched for ZebraMan, and I'm working on my zebra striped toenails today once I finish lifting, skiing and a short trainer ride, and then I'm off to a friend's for some food and laughs.

Merry Christmas, or should I say God Jul, everyone, and if you've got snow, use it!

2 comments:

Pete said...

Ha, I just bought some snowshoes from REI. I hear it's really easy to pick up, so I'm hoping it's something my 9-year-old son and I can do together up on Mount Hood.

denalifc said...

You should try this then https://www.signmeup.com/site/reg/register.aspx?fid=2G2V8K7

I'll be there, to watch, unless all the snow melts before - shh

Cheers
Ian (remember me from tri-drs and DG Crit)