Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Random Shit

Please put on your fuckage helmet, because this one is going to be intense***

If you are linked to me on FB (if you're not look up by my email address; if you don't have that, and your Blogger account does, ship me a comment, argggghhhhh, and I'll find you).

I want to scream FUCK EVERYTHING.

On the other hand, I should HTFU. I have a fucking Ironman in what, 46 days?

I did a 1/2 IM on Sunday. Technically I won my AG, but still feel like I sucked. Fuck me! It was wet, rainy, hilly and hilly. Oh well.

You never know when a stranger is going to pay you a kindness. It happens at the moments when I feel like I need something from a "not stranger," but hey, I'll take strange when I can.

The triathlon bomb has gone off in my house. No more cleaning, for what, about 50 days?

Whereas before I may have had time to watch 1/2 hour of TV every now and then, time has shrunk and that is basically down to zero. If I want to get up early enough to bike to the outdoor pool, I need to be in bed on time.

Fitting in meals is getting complicated. I'm at 108 lbs. which is the lightest I've been since, well, when I got divorce years ago. My low then was 107, and somehow my evil brain wants to achieve that. Only now I have more muscle on me. I *almost* like the way my legs look now.

I am sick of it raining all the time here. I live in a fucking rain forest, for fuck's sake! When the fuck am I supposed to mow the lawn?

I need a haircut. My hair grows like a weed during the summer. I wish I could get it trimmed once a week.

Barbie is a whore.

So am I.

I wish I was faster at everything, but my body is just not into the speed thing. I will always suck.

I hate the fact that my 3 best girlfriends live in Nevada, Florida and Canada. I don't get to see them often enough!

I wish I didn't over-analyze every fucking thing and try to rationalize it at the same time. It is just how I am wired.

I am very bad at asking for what I need from other people. Then I guess that by the time I do, they are put off?

I am really very simple and don't need much from other people. A little "hey you're OK and don't suck," a hug every now and then, and if I cook for you, tell me it's good even if it's not.

If I pull for you on a ride, thank me rather than comment later on "I could have gone faster."

If I get quiet, it means something is wrong inside me. It might take a fucking crowbar to get it out of me and I might not be able to talk lucidly about it for a week or so, but it will come. If nobody does that TO me, I will just stew and stew and analyze the fuck out of everything, going this way and that, and it will be very confusing.

Yes, I have an "out there" exterior and to some people am intimidating (I still don't get that). I AM A FUCKING HUMAN BEING FOR CHRISSAKES! What am I doing that is so intimidating? Being myself? Somebody please answer me. I always thought intimidation was the OTHER person's issue. But if there's something better I can be doing, please let me know.

Life is too fucking short to not accept love even if it requires a bit of work.

Life is too fucking short to not do what you want to do.

Life is too fucking short to not make time for the important shit. And if anyone out there thinks I am not doing that, please let me know. I DO make time for what I consider important.

Life is a bunch of crap much of the time (thanks, Cindy). A LOT of crap. That's what friends are for--to keep you level-headed when the crap becomes too much or you forget that there ARE bright spots included.

It's crazy to be addicted to exercise and challenge and because of it not wanting to waste time on meaningless pursuits like doing the dishes or making time to communicate with people, but those things also need to get done. Your Mom will not keep doing everything for you! Besides, eventually you lose your Mom.

On the other hand, if it's a choice between doing the dishes and being with someone you love, pick B. But if they want YOU to do the dishes, then let them know they made the choice for you.

Life is too fucking short period.

4 comments:

Pete said...

All right, this isn't precisely about anything you said,or maybe it is, because, you gotta admit (actually, you did), there's a lot you said there and I'll need to print it out and maybe draw a schematic to make sure I digested it all. Anyway: I was feeling REALLY worthless recently for spending so much time working at being a mediocre age-group triathlete. All the other more meaningful things I could be doing with my life! Then I talked to my little sister about one of our brothers, who's got bad addiction problems and has fucked up many lives beyond his own. Yet I don't think of him as bad. I know he wishes he wasn't so toxic. And it made me think: Am I really so bad? Is being a dedicated mediocre takes-it-too-seriously triathlete really such a bad thing? I may not be giving the world a whole lot, but for Christ's sake I'm not taking a whole lot. I'm basically, you know, karma neutral. I don't know. You, you're OK and you don't suck, at least so far as I can tell. Oh, yeah: Nice job cracking 6 hours at Rockman!

IronSnoopy said...

Congratulations on your 1/2 IM - I've heard from several people it was cold and rainy and slick. You showed up, raced and won your AG! How many people can say that? Not people who suck. You don't suck.

Intimidation is not you, it's the other person. They're afraid of their own weaknesses and make it your problem.

This fvcking rain has got to stop.

I'm glad the tiki hut is back (a few days ago). It always makes me laugh, and sometimes howl.

I can't believe you have an IM in 46 days. And then another one. How could you possibly suck with that much going on?

Housework is overrated and usually unnecessary and if people care, then they can just deal.

I think I'm going to be sherpa-ing at the same 50-miler you're doing if you need a spare sherpa with experience.

Kimberly Rae said...

fuck the haters girl! they don't deserve to know you...

Lets make some plans for some coffee or something...or hell if you'd be up for a less intense ride or run, I'm game...

I'm a 12 min miler on a good day, and they ain't all good days, and not been in the saddle a lot so my bike speed sucks too.. but at any rate... I'd just love to sit and chat with you a bit...

We think way to fucking much alike... its almost scary...

Cyber Stalker said...

No I don't think you are intimidating. People now are not willing to let anyone in their "space". Most of us are from the TV age where you can look into somebodys life but you don't have to get involved with it. You are so out there and friendly. Don't change I think you have really good friends and thats what really matters. Oh yah, and by the way.... GREAT RACE******