Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Horrible Run Today by Number 2518

I ended up lifting after my brick workout yesterday. This morning I had wanted to swim at the outdoor pool, but it was raining and lightning and thundering when I woke up (after 2 snooze alarm hits), so I ended up indoors at the Y. I swam a solid 3500 yards, and felt great doing it.

When I headed out to run a little after noon, first the heat hit me (it hasn't been hot here this summer much at all), then the humidity, and then the fact that my legs were not good. I tried to use the old "I will feel much worse than this in Ironman" trick on myself, but it was no good. Even though I don't use an HRM, I could feel my heart rate working its way up to a place it doesn't belong for the pace I was running. I was good until I got into open sun, and then I struggled for the rest of the run. I ended up walking for about 3' of the last mile because my heart rate was so jacked up.

I am used to running not feeling "good." It is always effort to me, but as long as I'm able to keep my heart rate down or reasonable, and my legs don't hurt too much, I'm fine with it.

Today sucked, but I usually have a couple of totally sucky runs during a taper. It doesn't mean anything. Today it may have just meant I went a little too hard yesterday.

In other news, my bib number for IMLP is 2518. I can't think of anything significant about that number, except that it's my LAST Ironman bib number!!!!

No comments: