Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dream I Had Last Night

This just came back to me while having a chat with a coworker.

I have had some form of this dream numerous times. The dream is that I have just moved back into an apartment. In last night's version, the apartment came partly furnished--I remember one piece of furniture that was a sofa bed that was all ratty and gross (brown, too). I remember being in the kitchen wondering if there were glasses and pots and pans in there already (there were). I remember I had brought my own TV and was pleased to see there was a CATV hookup that would probably be free.

Here is what http://www.dreammoods.com has to say about dreams of moving:
To dream that you are moving away, signifies your desire or need for change. It may also mean an end to a situation or relationship and you are moving on. Alternatively, it indicates your determination and issues regarding dependence/independence.

I think I need to pay more attention when I have this dream. I will say that I usually wake up a little anxious, but today that didn't happen. All I thought was, "hmmm......THAT dream again." In the past, I have thought this dream signified that I wanted a return to the past where life was simple and I wasn't so concerned about too many things. The last time I lived in an apartment was when I was 28, and I remember that time as very carefree, just letting things happen. I met my then future husband, and we moved into a rented house. About 2 years later we got married and moved into the house that I still live in. We've been divorced 11 years, and here I'm dreaming about life before I was married. Interesting.....my life did seem much less complicated then. And yet as much as I try to keep my life simple, it seems complicated. I think I'm moving towards simplification again. Less things, less people, less commitments.

Ch....ch.....ch.....ch.....changes (turn and face the strain)

No comments: