Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Today's Workout: It's Officially Tapir (er--taper) Time!


As of right now, I am officially tapering for Goofy Challenge. Today was the longest single workout I will do until next year!!! Unfortunately, that next workout won't be beginning with a nice warmup swim, like Mr. Tapir over to the right here.

11:41PM Run 2:00. This run was structured much like Sunday's 2:10 run. Can you believe doing 2 of these 3 days apart? I sure can. Last year during my Ironman training, I did this 4 times. It sure makes your legs tough. I have to say my legs felt just fine, my heart rate was low, and I could have run longer again. Feeling so good the day after another breakthrough bike workout--PRICELESS!!! Mr. Tapir would be very proud.

Now some of my Goofy friends (Joe B. and Steve N.) have done back-to-back 18 to 20 mile runs in preparation for Goofy. Those guys are serious runners--the sorts I like to call "track stars." They will race both the 1/2 and full marathons in Disney. I'm not sure what my approach is going to be--ideally, I'd like to hold a moderate pace for both days, and then be able to say I ran both days. I know if I wanted to I could PR seriously at the 1/2 mary, but then I would be trashed for the full. And I do have this pesky triathlon training that I need to get back to quickly after the event.

But for now, it's Tapir/Taper Time. Tomorrow I am going to do a nice and easy 30' abs and core workout and that's it. AND I get a 1.5 hour massage. How good is tomorrow going to feel?

Life is good!

2 comments:

Joe B said...

track stars? Not me. Noone maybe but not me.

:)

Julie B said...

A massage that is longer than your workout..now that is priceless!

Try to enjoy the taper..it is hard to do though, isn't it...