Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Yesterday's Workouts

I was so exhausted after all this yesterday that I didn't bother to post last night.

8AM Lift 3x12 1:14. Increased weight on every single freaking exercise where I use either dumbbells or my Parabody machine. Felt just fine doing this, but my that was a long workout.

4:17PM Run :45. Mostly easy to steady. Felt fine doing this.

I am, in fact, starting a taper this week. Although my coach changed things up on me for this week--word to the wise--coaches are human and they make mistakes. I looked at what Rich scheduled for me this week and next, and while part of it made sense, the running did NOT. So I emailed him early yesterday and then we talked about it and fixed things up. The nice thing about this week and next week is that I get TWO WHOLE REST DAYS EACH WEEK! Those of you following along with the Crackhead Chronicles know that rest days are not common occurrences here, but for once I am truly looking foward to them.

I was supposed to have a rest day yesterday, but on Thursday I have to go to the dentist AND get a massage, so Thursday is going to be the rest day, meaning I moved Tuesday-Thursday workouts to Monday-Wednesday. I can tell you right now that come Thursday I am going to need the day off! Although in reality I will be doing a 30' abs and core session, which really, is rest to me. It will make me feel like I did something yet will not impact my recovery in the least.

Speaking from today, I have to tell you that strength sessions really take it out of me when the weights or reps or sets are increased. Some days I still can't believe the number of exercises I do in a full strength session (58 for a full session; 25 of which get repeated a second time during the week for my abs and core session and those are 2 sets of 15 reps always). I always do things circuit style and you can probably tell from the amount of time it takes me that I do not rest very much at all between sets Plus the workouts are in my house and there's no waiting for equipment.

But oh, am I tired and sore today. I guess yesterday would have been a good day for a rest day, but I'll catch up on Thursday. I see Ultra Violence before my bike workout this afternoon!

No comments: