Sunday, February 12, 2006

Weekly Training Report: 2/6/2006-2/12/2006

This was another intense week, workout-wise. Intensity increased in strength, tempo run, long ride and long run. Duration increased in long ride and slightly in strength. Sometimes I wonder how I am able to keep up this schedule. It seems like just yesterday I was relaxing after Goofy Challenge. Wow—that was just 5 weeks ago. I guess I’ve done pretty well on recovering from that and hitting it extra hard in the build for Ralph’s ½ IM! So much for relaxation! Except for my bike volume, I feel like I could reel off a decent Ironman race in just a few weeks. I have confidence in that I can build my bike endurance rapidly once that time comes. My run endurance is clearly already there, and my swim endurance is just about back to Ironman level. BOO-YAH! Am I allowed to say that not having been in the military? I don’t want to be or sound cocky, but things are moving along pretty well here on the Crackhead front. I will say that I am experiencing a moderate level of fatigue on a daily basis now, but once I begin a workout it’s all pistons firing to make it a great one. I expect my fatigue level to move up a notch this coming week, and then hopefully it will hold until I begin a taper (well, I hope my coach is giving me one) for Ralph's.

Here are the details from the week that was:

Swim: 10,100 yards in 3.57 hours; 24% of weekly workout time

Bike: 4.67 hours; approx. 82 miles; 32% of weekly workout time
Run: 4.75 hours; approx. 30 miles; 32% of weekly workout time
Strength: 1.8 hours; 12% of weekly workout time
Total Hours: 14.79
Approx. Calories Burned by Exercise: 6,381
Average Sleep: 8.82 hours/night
Stretching: 2.03 hours

Goals from Last Week:
  • Average 8+ hours of sleep per night. DONE
  • Stretch 15' per day. DONE
  • Meet or beat 165 watts during all FT intervals. DONE
  • Meet or beat 100 and 200 speeds in all swim workouts. DONE
Accomplishments This Week:
  • Met all goals.
  • Achieved breakthroughs in all 3 sports (Hat Trick!)
  • Did not break down, even though strength workout added another set, Wednesday run workout added 5’ additional tempo work, Saturday ride increased by 15’ at HIM watts (which was noticeable, I might add), and Sunday run added 5’ additional tempo work
Goals for Next Week:


  • Average 8+ hours of sleep per night.
  • Stretch 15' per day.
  • Meet or beat 165 watts during all FT intervals.
  • Meet or beat current 100 and 200 speeds in all swim workouts.
  • Keep the momentum going—long ride adds another 15’ at HIM watts; Wednesday and Sunday runs add 5’ more tempo time. The week following I get to hold everything constant!!!
Workouts Completed this Week
Monday: Swim 3,100 yards in 1:07; Strength 1:03; Run :50 including strides
Tuesday: Strength :18; Bike 1:05 including 2x15’ FT, watts=167, 171
Wednesday: Swim 3,300 yards in 1:10; Run 1:05 including :25 tempo
Thursday: Strength :27; Bike 1:05 including 3x10’ FT, watts=172, 173, 171
Friday: Swim 2,700 yards in :57; Run :40 including strides.
Saturday: Bike 2:30 including 20’ FT at watts=165; brick run 30’. The run absolutely sucked for the first 10’ and then I felt great, and the running felt easy
Sunday: Run 1:40, including 20’ Upper-Steady and 20’ Tempo; Swim 1,000 yards in :20

1 comment:

Joe B said...

Ditto Keryn. When I grow up I hope to be able to be this committed and dedicated.