Thursday, February 16, 2006

Why, oh why?

Registration Details:
Event: Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge 2007
Total Payment: $199.50
Confirmation Number: 2228511
Time of Transaction: 2/15/2006 7:02:09 PM

I pulled the trigger last night while I was in a photograph-induced coma. I ordered my (ripoff) prints from asiorders.com and thought it was time that I posted this one of Joe and me. Joe is a very talented runner who provided me with much inspiration throughout my recent Goofy journey. He lives in Boston. I hope to get to Boston to hang with him and his wife, Julia, by qualifying for the marathon. Before we were ready to leave after the Disney marathon (which is where I first met him live), I asked his mom to take a picture of us to "prove that I had met Joe in person." Joe sent me this picture with an inspirational card that is now relegated to my "wall of fame" in my home office.

Are we blinged out or what? This sure brings back good memories, which I suppose is why I pulled the trigger again last night. It was so much FUN! Next year, though, I will go with the costume (not this same one, probably) for the half marathon, and I plan to be running for a PR during the marathon.

Here I had been saying to myself that I wasn't going to plan 2007 for awhile. But it can't hurt to begin next year with a good haul of running, right?

1 comment:

Cliff said...

I need a costume just like that..i think i run faster in pink :)