Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Workin' on the Race Report




So this morning I woke up at 2:15AM so I could put remaining crap in the car and drive to Albany International Airport to make a 7:00AM flight back to Chicago.
I had wisely bought a large coffee yesterday at McDonald's to drink this morning (down the hatch, as they say) so that I'd be semi-awake for the 140-mile drive.
The drive was uneventful except for numerous pairs of eyes on the sides of the road--there wasn't much fog to drive through this time.
I had pretty much decided what the hell, I'm drinking on the plane, so when it was time for drinkie-poos, I ordered up a Bloody Mary. I was already hard at work on my race report, as you can see from the above documentation. The Bloody went down real sweet, and the plane landed early and I was home by 8:30AM. NICE!!!
I've got a ton of writing to do--you know me--the race report will be an opus. My bike box is empty save for the bike, and I already did laundry, had a nice 2-hour nap, bought some more beer (Mmmmmmm.......beer) and I'm ready to type away before I pass out blissfully. Then I get to try and work tomorrow!
Stay tuned peeps...this one's gonna be good!

3 comments:

momo said...

oh, i cannot wait - c'mon, finish it up already! :-)

Darren said...

Can't wait for all your gory details! Clearly, the Crackhead rules - the two times I saw you on the course you were looking strong!

effendi said...

Nice hat! You earned it (and the vodka!)