Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Opera vs. Ironman

So today I ordered 2 tickets to The Barber of Seville, the first live opera I will ever see (it's by Rossini, who is the patron saint of my bike, La Gazza Ladra). I've seen it on TV, and I love the music, but I wanted to see it live. I'd like to see it in Italy some day, but there's a production in Chicago next spring that I found out about about 3 months ago.

It was on my calendar today to buy tickets, as "open" sales (i.e., after season ticket holders) opened today.

2 Main Seating Area 2 Opera Seats: $293
One Ironman Entry: $495

Well, for the opera, I get about 4 hours of fun (8 if you count the other person), but for Ironman I get 12-14 hours of fun!

I guess Ironman is not such a bad deal :) Either that or I have a sick sense of the value of my time.

No comments: