Monday, March 17, 2008

Guess Who's Back?


This guy. I missed him. He's about a month early, though, based on appearances in prior years, and he's H-U-N-G-R-Y. Maybe it's the extra energy I'm expending on my THIRD job. Maybe it's hanging out at 15 or so hours per week of training. Maybe I've been workin' it hard, especially on the bike. Maybe I need to start wearing an HRM again so I can see how much I'm burning. Maybe I need to get my RMR measured again.

It can only mean one thing--I need to eat MORE! Towards that end, you will now find peanut butter in my house (a couple of tablespoons makes a nice snack), Gummi bears (replacing the Easter jelly beans which have become tiresome), chips (I SWEAR they put Crack into the Doritos Hint of Lime), good hard cheeses (Reggianno Parmesan and Locatelli Romano), and now I realize it's time to stock up on cookies (raspberry Fig Newtons are my favorite). And I'm eating pasta a few times a week. Yesterday I actually saved coupons for Steak 'n Shake, so I'll have to get there this weekend--not that I need coupons--they just reminded me that I should go there. I'm not too keen on milkshakes (or ice cream except on rare occasions), but a steakburger and cheese fries? HIT ME!

I'm already plotting my treats for after my next NothingMan--on 3/28 I'm doing a Sprint NothingMan and on 3/29 instead of a Half NothingMan, I'm going to do 2 Olympics back to back like we do in Triple T--effectively, swim, bike, run, bike swim run. Oh joy! I have even begun designs for NothingMan swimsuits: (women's) and (men's). If you have any ideas or want to submit a design for a NothingMan suit, fire away and send me the link!

Today I did these workouts:

Swim: WU: 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull, 200 drill
MS: 30 x 50 (10"), as odds Hard, evens Easy.
100 easy swim.
2 x 300 (15") pull, Steady with excellent stroke.
CD: 100 easy swim

Bike: I figured I should take it easy, so I did 1:15 worth of Spinervals Totally Time Trial, only I "overdid" their % ranges (what is it supposed to be a percent of?) by at least 5% on the hard intervals. TSS=103. I didn't think I could hit 100 today, but hey, what the hell. I've got my trainer (TACX is awesome) so I'm overgeared, since I have a compact crankset on LGL, and I prefer the middle cogs of the big chainring.

I wrote down a track workout for tomorrow, but I'll need to see how my legs feel. They were pretty toasty yesterday, a little sluggish (for me) today on the bike, but it was only 1:15 so I should be fine tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Does your friend make his own food orders?

I can't see the nothingman speedo. Is it private?

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I have to agree on the Hint of Lime Chips. They will be my downfall!!

Crackhead said...

You may need to create a userid/pw on Splish in order to view the custom designs.