Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Introducing my MTB Clipless Fuck










I finally named my MTB today, and she shall be called Clipless Fuck (or CF for short). I've had her for 8 years. I bought her so I could ride with "regular" people every now and then, and I use her on days when I am supposed to ride really easy, since that's about all I can do on her! But today was her first inaugural ride as a commuter bike--to the outdoor pool, that is. That's CF parked on deck at my fabulous 50 meter outdoor pool this morning, after I finished swimming 3,000 meters.

I swam most of the workout in the "open water" area that had no lane ropes, but it was cool. Good rotational feedback! So my total bike mileage round trip was 10.62 miles, and it took 42 minutes (stopping, traffic, I suck, etc.). So do I add this to my workout log or not? I think I need to, because if I end up doing it 3 times a week (which is my plan), that's not insignificant miles or time.













Above is me in the locker room dressed to go home with wet hair. My hair is long enough now that I am using a blow dryer after swimming! The disgrace! Don't worry--I'm not growing it out--just keeping it a bit longer on top, and thankfully I'm getting a haircut tonight because I'm such a mophead.










Above is CF with my bitchin' Hello Kitty beach towel that is the official towel of outdoor swimming this year. I think I need to get a new helmet, though. That silver one is old and not too stylin'. I may get a pink one--I'm not sure!










I told you I got pimp shoes. But they are really nice. I'm wearing my sushi socks in them.













Here I am all ready to ride home. My new pink TYR backpack is AWESOME! At first I thought it was too big, but all my swim crap fits in there nicely, and it's comfortable to wear on the bike.













My frame pump doubles as an emergency dildo in a pinch.










Random fixie locked up near the train tracks on the way home. I'm still waiting for my fixie to arrive and make sure it will fit me properly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, as I already have a name for him!

No comments: