Saturday, June 07, 2008

Today's Workouts

First, I went for a nice 4 hour ride. I left about 6:20AM because it's so fucking humid and was supposed to get to 90 today (it hasn't yet, but the humidity is oppressive). I rode to Fermilab, did about 2.5 loops for a total of 70 miles, not a bad ride. On the way there, I rode up on 2 girls riding side by side. I say, "Hi, ladies, how are you?" They say fine, and then I ask if they are also going to Fermilab. They say no, just doing a few miles (WTF is that anyway???). Well, I caught up to them and passed them roundly all nice and aero tucked, and they came up at a stoplight. One of them asks me if I'm training for an Ironman. Ya fucking think??? I caught up to your sorry asses and passed you riding hard aero. I was nice, though, and said yes. She asks which one, Wisconsin? And I flippantly reply, "No, Placid." She asks, "Where do you do hill training?" I must have rolled my eyes at this point because I laugh when someone asks me that--there's riding hard and there's slacking. If you ride hard, no matter terrain, you will do fine on hills. Well, being this close to my A race, I'm getting a little bitchy, so I open up on her and say, "I can't believe how ignorant some people are. I train with power, I ride hard, I understand how to ride hills. But, yeah, I'll go up to Wisconsin a few times just because." This chic is treating me like I know nothing, like I'm doing my first Ironman. I mean come on! LOOK AT MY BITCH!!! Does it look like a newbie bike? And I'm in an aggressive aero position. Geez. Well, after that, I just rode really hard because I was done with that scene.

I get to Fermilab and took this shot of Bitchie at the entrance, where I then peed (camera phone shot):














And then I rode around doing my thing. It was hot, humid, but thankfully cloudy. I saw my massage school owner buddy, Mike. He worked on me last night and didn't charge me for it. He's absofuckinglutely awesome! I figured I'd see him today. I gave him some Infinit to try, as he's had issues with nutrition. I'll find out on Monday if it worked for him.

My first interval (I did my usual 3x crap, where crap=20' ride pretty hard, 10' ride fucking hard, 2' ride REALLY FUCKING HARD, 8' ride easy) wasn't too hot, but the next 2 were good. I felt great, and my new Infinit concoction (which I have named "Money Shot") was working great. I never felt hungry for anything else.

Part way into my first interval, I'm riding fucking hard, and a group of 3 roadies comes by me. They don't even say hello--they just pass me. Assholes. Because when I saw them leave the East Gate, they slowed way down. Assholes. So I made up a new term (added to my Crackology): FRP, which stands for Fucking Roadie Prickberry. You see, they probably have pencil dicks and tiny little balls, hence the prickberry (I made up that word). So feel free to call someone an FRP when you need to. Don't get me wrong--there are plenty of nice roadies, and of course when I'm on LGL no worries, but for fuck's sake I'm on a tri bike, I ride my Bitch hard, and I'm not a fucking poser. The FRP's of course had to speed up just to pass me because I'm a "triathlete." Fuck off, FRP's.

After interval #3, I rode down a different road in Fermilab just for shits and grins, and came upon this nice blue circle, so I took a pic of Bitchie in front of it and then peed there (camera phone shot):














Then I rode home, and the winds were strong southerly with some westerly, so it was an easy trip back. When I was about 5 miles from home, I'm at a stoplight and I look down and see something and pick it up and it's a tiny, tiny monkey! I love monkeys, so I smiled and put him in my Bento Box. Here he is in front of this computer so you can see just how tiny he is. He will now become my lucky tiny monkey!














When I got home, I took off my bike shorts and put on run shorts and a visor, switched sunglasses and headed out to run. OH MY FUCKING GOD! The heat and humidity were crazy! But I smiled most of the time because I felt like such an idiot, but also good. I knocked out my 40' brick run, came home, had to do a quick shower because I was so pigged out, put on a swimsuit (no clothes I just couldn't do it), drove to the Y to swim just 1,000 yards to cool down and give my legs a nice massage, came home, and now I need to go to the bike shop for some minor stuff.

All in all, a good day's work, and I'm psyched about riding 100 miles tomorrow, and NO RUNNING!

Train hard!

No comments: