Monday, November 24, 2008

All NIN, All Pain, All the Time

That is all I can stand to listen to right now. Usually, I'm miss Techno (ask anyone). Techno drives my energy, it gets me into my training pain zone. Now it's just NIN. Usually I'm pretty bad at hearing the lyrics to songs, but not any more. Everything NIN is speaking to me. I'm a little like Reznor, don't you think? I have this thing for feeling things intensely--the high of highness, the low of lowness, and the pain of, well, pain. I truly enjoy all the different variants of pain--it's the one thing that lets you know you are alive! When you cease to feel pain, then you are dead. I'm not dead. Pain is OK. Even though I'm experiencing physical and spiritual pain, they are OK. Sometimes you just need to give in to it. After all the crap that has happened to me in the past 12 months, I can't even begin to think of anything worse. BUT, there could be a lot worse. I am grateful for all the good in my life, and it is because of that that I can immerse myself in the pain. I know it will end. And I know it will be back again. But hey, so will I.

No comments: