Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Mix of Good and Bad; Happy and Sad

I had a good swim this morning despite the water being pretty warm. Next, I headed to Century Tile to pick out (what I thought I'd get) marble for the front foyer. Well, my eyes lasered on black granite, and that's what I bought! It's beautiful (pic in a few days), and has flecks of gold and blue in it. I thought pure black would look better next to the zebra carpet than mostly white, and besides, it won't show dirt as much.

Home Depot called about the bathroom furniture. It's being made in China! It won't start shipping until 12/8, but I've got assurance I'll get fashion updates as it makes its way to me. Hopefully that's 2--at most 3--weeks to installation.

Kenny bought what he thought might work on the black toilet, but it doesn't, so this weekend I'm going to see if I can hunt down the exact Kohler parts so we have them Monday when he returns to do some miscellaneous stuff.

I ran today outside, and it was much better than last week. My glutes didn't hurt at all, my knees felt fine, and my right shin only pinged for a few minutes. My back didn't really bother me much at all until about 4 miles into 6 miles, so things are headed in the right direction.

My shower is installed, but I can't use it until next week when the window is sealed, and then if I can get the remaining toilet parts this weekend, I'll have a semi-working bathroom so I can begin sleeping upstairs in my bed fulltime! Fuck, that will be nice!

I would have had the custom shades installed today, except the mounting hardware was missing! Luckily, Bali customer service is great, and I called and explained the missing parts, and they should be here next week. I can live without them.

Kenny will be here just Monday next week to put a new faucet in my kitchen sink and a few other miscellaneous things like the window trim in the new bathroom, and hopefully finish up the toilet, and then he's outta here for the rest of the week, returning the following Monday when I'm in Orlando to tile my foyer and family room. This stuff will get done!

I've updated the remodeling Flicker folder, if you want to see pics.

I also created a folder of the pics from NothingMan 2008, since I never really aggregated everything together. Yeah, it's bittersweet to look at some of them, but it happened, it was real, and I cannot erase it from my life or memory.

I got my last call from the grief counselor, and she listened to all the things that have happend to me in the last 2 weeks--I hurt my back, a lobster attacked me, I ended a relationship that I am still very sad over, and now it's Thanksgiving--another holiday that will remind me that my Dad is gone, but I will be spending it with the family I have left, and for that I am truly grateful. Before I eat, though, I plan on working out for 4 hours so that I have a good appetite going.

So I guess things are getting better.

No comments: