Friday, June 26, 2009

Horribly Hilly Hundreds Pics

In looking through the event photos, it's apparent there were very few women who finished the 200K ride (or who started for that matter--they indicated 18% of registrants were women, and I'm guessing most of them rode the 100K) and also that I was faster than a lot of guys. Not that I'm competitive or anything ;)

This picture is coming up to Cty J on Garfoot Road, which is part of the Ironman Wisconsin course, only we are going backwards. While on Garfoot, I saw a number of athletes obviously training for IMWI or perhaps some other IM, since it's a popular spot to ride and a tough course. This climb was not very difficult at all, as it was pretty short, and I did try and stay seated on all the climbs that day so I wouldn't burn up my legs too quickly. You can see my HTFU bracelet on my right wrist!

Here I am coming up to the park to finish. Sucks this one has PROOF on it, but oh well, you can see that at this point I am not really smiling anymore--I'm all focus, get it done and get off the bike!



I'm about to start in on my 7-hour training day, so I better get going! Enjoy your Friday!

2 comments:

D said...

I LOVE that first picture. You look really happy and strong in it. Depicts you perfectly :)

Lee Ryan said...

Awesome!! 7-hours of training!!?