Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What Do I Call It?

OK, so previous post you see what I am attempting to do. Top contender for a name so far is UltraNothingMan. Maybe I should leave "man" out of it entirely--after all, it is just going to be me (unless somebody surprises me and fills out the imaginary race application). So maybe just UltraNothing? Or maybe I'll go with a Prince-like thing and just have a symbol that can't be pronounced...here I found the Chinese character for Nothing. I like how the pronunciation is kongkong. While I'm doing it, if anyone asks me what I'm doing, I'll say that!

I can't even believe I'm already looking forward to this even though I haven't even done IMLP yet! But now it gives IMLP that much more "meaning," if there is, in fact, meaning to be found in an Ironman.

And yet I need to get through some more training, and it's a LOT of training, and so I'm taking things one day at a time. Before I know it, I'll be packing for IMLP and getting excited about that, but first, I need to just get through the rest of this week.

Today was a tempo-ish run in the 90's and it sucked and I ended up doing the last few miles indoors on the track at the Y because I couldn't keep my HR down. Tomorrow is a 2:15 run and I am not sure right at this minute whether I will do it outside early or on the treadmill. Friday I am taking a day off from work and swimming 3,000 yds., riding 4:30 and doing a brick run. Maybe I should call it a triathlon, huh? Saturday will be a short easy ride and then Sunday is a sprint race. It looks like the temps will drop somewhat but it will still be hot. Oh well. It is what it is.

After all, I have kongkong coming up...

1 comment:

Kimberly Rae said...

posted some ideas about what to call "it" on facebook...

another TikiHut Tri...