Sunday, December 04, 2005

On Swimming

I'm not the fastest swimmer, but I am very efficient in the water. My average heart rate for an Ironman swim is typically about 110. Since I only started swimming in 2000, I will never be that fast unless I swim maybe 6 times a week, and that won't be happening as long as I am still working full time. My training time investment is better spent on biking!

I post from time to time on the trifuel.com forum as kona_expat. I stay away from most of the social threads and very basic beginner threads. I am generally looking for people who appear to be genuinely interested in something specific, rather than the typical, "I want to get faster" discussion.

Anyway, here's a thread where I made a few posts that you non-lifetime swimmers might get something out of: http://www.trifuel.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4126

1 comment:

Brett said...

You sure you don't want to start coaching now? I could be your first client ... :)