Monday, December 05, 2005

Shelley McKee is Awesomely Awesome

I didn't participate in the Secret Santa thing on the tri-drs LISTSERV, but Shelley Santa'ed me anyway, with a sketch she did from a race photograph of me. If you want to see a smaller version, it's on her blog, http://ironm4n.blogspot.com/.

I just returned home from the gym after working out much harder than I was supposed to, after having swam early in the morning and gone downtown to work at the "Tower of Power" (Sears Tower) today. Hectic day, with the usual customers and sales guys in my face. So I was ready to come home, have a recovery drink (still haven't had it), get some dinner, stretch, and relax. I've done none of that yet!

So what a nice thing to come home to in my mailbox! It's from my bike photo from IMWI 2005, and it's going to be framed and hung in my family room so I can see it while I'm on the trainer.

I'm hoping to be able to show up at IMCDA next year to cheer for Shelley (anyone out there have a couch/bed/floor I can sleep on for 3 days???--oh and space for my bike which will come with so I can get some riding in), and we are both going to whoop it up at IMFL (check the participants list under both our names and you can see a piece of the antics we are already up to).

How do you thank someone for giving you the gift of time? Try to give it back. So, Shelley, in this "public" thank you, trust me, I'll find a way. Maybe it will be kicking your ass (well, mine, too) on some killer epic training weekend this winter or spring--you never know.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: