Thursday, June 26, 2008

24 Hours--In a Day? No, in a Training Week!









Seeing where I was in total training hours earlier today, I decided I needed to make it to 24 hours for the week beginning 6/20 just because. Why? Because I've never done it before, or so I thought. So I went back and checked on my biggest weeks ever, and there was a 23 something 2 years ago. What the hell, let's go for 24!

I had put off strength training this week because I was pretty trashola, but felt like I could put some in today even after a 14-something run. So I did what I thought I needed to do (leaving out most of my deltoids work due to my bum right deltoid), and got up to 56 minutes, which was enough. This left me needing like 12 more minutes, so of course, I hopped on CF and rode around a little bit just to tip everything over 24 hours!

Isn't that cool to have done this 3 weeks out from an Ironman (good timing) and when I'm already 51? Geez, let me tell you 24 hours is A LOT of training. A REAL LOT! I also decided maybe a few days ago that in 2009 I want to do a training week where I cover double Ironman distance. Looking at what I just did, I would need to put in more running, could get by on less swimming and a bit less biking. I tell you, adding about 18 miles more of running will not be an easy thing to do! But this is something I think I need to do--now I just need to decide when and how to structure the week to get it in. I'm pretty sure I will need to treat it as if I'd done an Ironman on the last day and recover from it accordingly. I'm kind of excited now thinking about doing this plus RAINSTORM and Triple T next year. Holy crap, if I don't get strong from that, I don't know how I'd be any stronger! This seems like a planning nightmare, but I think I can get it together.

I'm really pumped up about planning for this now. I need to get someone else to sign onto my plans for 2009. I bet I can rope Blink into this shit...it would be easy for him!

2 comments:

Pete said...

24 hours. You kill me, Crackhead.

Hey, thanks for checking in on my progress at IMCDA. I've finally posted a report. Pretty dull. Next year's, I think, will be a little more dramatic.

Pete said...

Oops, I fucked up the link in my comment above. This is right.