Sunday, December 07, 2008

Can You Say My Fucking Fitness Has Returned???


So, yesterday I nailed a 2:15 hard ride and :25 brick run. Today, I had the total fucking pleasure of running 2 hours with Mark in the orange groves of Clermont, Florida. The trail we ran on was mostly sand with plenty of hills! We had both agreed to run it slow (for us), since Mark's been having knee tracking issues (I spent plenty o' time esplainin' to him various reasons for it), and my back is still touchy from my various injuries. But we ran at our planned 10mpm pace, and it was an absofuckinglutely gorgeous day! Upper 50's, clear sky, and light winds. We saw centipedes (or some wormy thing with millions of legs), spiders, grasshoppers, herons, various birds (my spotting), and I heard sandhill cranes. After that, we headed to the NTC (formerly the USAT training center) to swim for about :50. We both got our tans on, and then we headed to a watering hole close to my hotel for burgers and beers.

So I gots in almost 16 hours of quality training this week, had a fucking excellent time doing it all, and I've got 4 more days here in Orlando. While my back still isn't fully recovered, all signs are pointing to improvement, and hey, if I can run, bike, swim and lift (and there are other activities which are good signs he he), then I must be OK, right?
As I said, pics will follow once I am back home in my Den of Iniquity!

THREE WEEKS TO ZEBRAMAN!!!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Always a good time! Thanks for all your wisdom on IM and physiology!