Friday, November 18, 2005

Today's Workout (YES, ONLY ONE!!!)

All right! Only one workout today, because tomorrow is ChickenMan 1/2 Ironman!

1:52PM Run 60'. The plan was easy to steady, self-selected upper steady. Ran on the treadmill, and at first I just wasn't into it, but then I "let go" and got that floaty sensation. Man, I am really running differently now! I feel like I can just drive my legs, and that my upper body is staying relatively still, i.e., I AM TRANSMITTING ALL MY POWER INTO FORWARD MOTION!!! How fucking cool is that? I am still not fast, but today was the first time I was thinking to myself, "Hey, maybe I actually like running."

I am tired, just because I trained hard this week, but also because I know I am "racing" tomorrow. I will not be going terribly hard tomorrow, but I do want to see how well I can run at the end of the festival. If I can be all floaty in a 1/2 Ironman, well, baby, that's pretty fucking significant, don't you think?

Winter is settling in here in the Chicagoland area, and that always changes my mood somewhat. It's dreary, cold, all I want to do is cuddle up in my bed (and yes, it would be nice if there was a hunky guy in there with me so we could have some raucous, enduro-sex) and sleep a lot. Thankfully, work wasn't a bitch today, and so I think some of the mental strain of the week is coming out, and I'm trying to let go of it.

Tomorrow will be happy happy with lots of Ultra Violence being drunk and then lots of beer afterwards.

And I truly believe my life is WAY MORE FUCKING OUTSTANDING IN PINK!!!!!

No comments: