Sunday, November 13, 2005

Today's workout

"Long run": 9:19AM 1:30, done on treadmill. 30' easy; 20' steady; 20' upper steady; 20' mod-hard.

I was tired and hungover when I started. Tired, still from Friday's festival of raking, gutter cleaning and working out 2 hours, and then yesterday working out pretty hard. Yesterday, Ironman Hawaii was on TV, and I didn't plan anything in between the morning workout and the broadcast, which started at 3:30. Good thing!

I am such a lightweight and shouldn't drink AT ALL....that will come in January when I go on my austerity plan.

So I used a little bit of the old Code Red (I should just call it Ultra Violence), and got through the workout just fine. I stretched afterward, and then came home to the high winds (25-35MPH sustained; gusts to 55) and saw a bunch of small tree branches in my driveway. I looked up at this one tree and see this large branch (about 6-8" diameter) breaking free of the main trunk. Luckily, the top of the branch is caught in the next tree, which seems to be holding it, and hopefully it won't break away until tomorrow, when I can get someone to cut it down.

I was checking out some triathlon forums this morning and people were giving Normann Stadtler shit about DNF'ing at Ironman Hawaii. Fuck, people should shut their fucking mouths until they are in his EXACT position. I've DNF'ed twice at Ironman races, and trust, me, it isn't fun. But you make the decision and then you move on. It's not fucking life and death to not finish a race!

My friend (and bitch) Shelley made the NBC TV coverage. I'm happy for her! We are designing these killer T-shirts together, and if they work, we will probably sell a bunch of them! They are pretty irreverent in terms of what they say, so they *will* offend some people. Too fucking bad!

I am currently being "pursued" by some guy....it makes me laugh, since I really don't give a fuck what happens now. I have goals, I am going after them, and that's that!

Oh--got some new pink shoes the other day--I should post pics of them they are AWESOME!!!

No comments: