Monday, November 14, 2005

Today's Workouts

7:22AM Swim 2750 yards 1:03. Did the drill workout I've been doing on Mondays for awhile. This was an optional workout, and truly I felt pretty tired this morning, but thought, oh well, I'll give it a whirl. Turns out I must have been doing something right, because when I played "swim golf," my score was the lowest ever. Sometimes it seems that when I am tired that I don't think so much and the swimming is better.

I need to remember my word from yesterday: HUMILITY. That's something I need to have, always!

1:12PM Run 50', including strides. Again, I was tired when I started, but I did most of this on the treadmill and kept a decent pace. I didn't need to go hard in this workout, so I didn't.

I did not drink any Code Red today! Also no beer. I am "cleansing the system" in preparation for this weekend's ChickenMan (indoor 1/2 Ironman), that I will be doing solo. Last year I did it with friends Matt and Judy. Matt seems unable to commit to anything lately (except he did manage to stalk the Ironman Florida participant list to notice I was registered), and Judy I wasn't going to ask anyway, and besides she fucked up an ankle and can't even run on it. I don't need any company to do this anyway. You know me (or might if you've read everything here). I just go and do stuff now. No spectators, no competition except myself, no expectations, no shirts, no medals! In fact, I'm sure that after this non-race event I will just go home, eat and pass out. Sounds delightful to me!

In other news, the tree limb is still being held up by the crown of the adjacent tree (don't remember if I posted about that). I had an estimate to remove it--$195!!! But also the power company came out with an arborist and said it probably won't fall on the power line anyway--it will just crash onto the ground. So do I take my chances? The entire tree is dying, and it will cost big bucks to get it removed--it's mostly on the neighbor's property, but I'm willing to chip in to have it cut down. Or maybe his dad will do it. Who knows? I just don't want this one limb falling on my power lines or whatever.

And then there's tri-drs. That bastion of stupidity and ignorance! Someone used my name today AGAIN as in "someone who's committed an outrageous act." This hearkens back to September, when I did have quite the pool rage incident. And I was fucking stupid enough to write about it publicly! I was totally honest about what happened and how I responded, and well let's just say it ended by me screaming at this man in the pool that the reason I got hit is "BECAUSE YOU FUCKING SUCK!" It was very memorable. I thought he broke my hand. He shouldn't have hit me except for him being such a suck-ass swimmer. OK, so some people reading my account figure that no matter how it happened, I shouldn't have yelled like that, it had to be accidental. Well, too fucking bad, because the asshole couldn't even figure out where he was in the lane and didn't even apologize to me, and then he insisted on arguing me about how it was MY fault and all. So I gave it to him. And I wrote about it! And ever since then, I have caught hell in one form or another from people on that stupid fucking list about my behavior. AND people use my name as in "pull a Sheila." Well, I decided enough of that. My name was used today as in "Sheila wouldn't have wanted someone filming her during that" in relation to Normann Stadler crying (it was on TV) after his second flat in Ironman Hawaii. First of all, dude has the right to feel HOWEVER HE WANTS. Secondly, nobody has the right to judge him for crying.

So I wrote back to the list as follows:

First, invoking my name as in some sort of
"episode" is now copyright infringement without my express
consent.

Second, if I had been caught on video, well it is what it
is, I would treasure the film as a learning experience. And sell
copies.

Third, emotions are emotions. Good ones,
uncomfortable ones. To cry, to lash out in anger, to jump for joy, all are
valid expressions. They come, they go. To judge them is
ridiculous. You don't have to like someone else's emotional display, but
it is not for any of us to tell another person that they had no right to
FEEL.

Yep, there's crying in triathlon. There's crying in
life.

Normann is still a champion. Even more so, in my book,
that he showed perfectly human emotions.

>Well, I certainly
wouldn't want to be photographed in my worst >moments..>and I don't think
that Sheila would have wanted to be on taped during

>her taper.

In case they didn't get it, that was a big FUCK YOU, and I did mean it about don't try and judge someone else's emotions. Fuck them all. And, no, I am NOT apologizing for what happened that day.

No comments: