Friday, April 25, 2008

Food Channel






























I've given up. Normally, I wouldn't eat this stuff until maybe June, but it's become ridiculous the amount of hunger I have been experiencing, especially when it's like 2AM in the morning. So officially, all bets are off. I would actually like to put ON those 2 pounds that I lost over the winter, as they may be lean mass that has been catabolized due to stress. Although I feel pretty good, but I would like to be able to sleep 8 hours straight and not be constantly hungry.

So, when I made my grocery list for the weekend, I included all my "I'm training really SUPER HARD" foods--Twinkies (whipped cream to go on top), Jordan almonds, various flavors of Fig Newtons and Pringles. The sardines are something I normally eat as a snack food. These foods don't normally make an appearance in my diet until around June, so I'm well ahead of schedule.

The second picture is a lot of protein that looked good--veal, Ahi tuna and Porterhouse steak. Then you see the actual dinner I ate (looks like a lot of food, huh?) and finally dessert. But now that I think about it, I want some orange slices.

Tomorrow I ride the Bitch! 78 miles is the plan, and I absolutely can't wait. Bottles are fixed, Bitch is set up and all that remains is about 300 more calories for me to stuff down and some rest.

It's officially GAME ON!!!!

2 comments:

Lora said...

So all I have to do to eat all that food is to ride harder, longer??? hmmmmmmm

Crackhead said...

I think it's a combination of two a day workouts (5-6 hours apart), 14+ hours total per week with good intensity in all 3 sports, race every 3 weeks or so (lately), strength train to maintain as much lean mass as possible, fidget A LOT while working at a desk job, garden like a mad woman, take care of a house, eat something every 2 hours, and generally be a Crackhead.

I've changed my metabolism VERY slowly over the last 5 years...what I think may have caught up with me this time is some stress (we'll find out once it goes away, eh?) and the fact that as I've gotten smaller, I can train harder. It's just easier to especially run faster. Even when I'm tired now, I can hold a good pace.

Something I did differently over the winter was to ride 4x per week, and since I'm just used to going hard on the bike, I think that changed things up a bit, and another thing that's good for the metabolism is to keep it wondering what you will be doing next. If you do the same thing over and over and over, your metabolism gets used to it. So even though I'm modeling my training after last year, it's still different.

Every body is different, though. What works for me may not work for someone else. But any nutritionist will tell you that many small changes over time will add up to huge differences.