Wednesday, April 05, 2006

New Challenge Ride Added in Midwest

http://www.dairylanddare.com/

Of course, you KNOW I just HAVE TO DO THE 300K. Why? Because it will be fucking hard. The weekend before I plan on riding 11-12 hours on the IMWI course, which should prepare me well for the 300K, and 2 weeks after the 300K I'll be doing another 200K ride, but that one is mostly flat.

Talk about getting strong as an ox on the bike!

Anyone else up for the dare?

I sort of told my coach of these "plans." This is right in line with his (my adopted) philosophy of "pick cool shit to do and then structure training around it."

This is how I have fun. It's the Crackhead way.

7 comments:

Cliff said...

300 k is nuts. How long do you think it will take? Including stops and all.

I like your coach's philosophy.

I plan to do a 200 k in two weeks. My only concern is logistic. Need to find a place to get my refill on fuel and hydration.

:) said...

Yowsa! That's a long damn way.

I love that you are up for the challenge (whatever it may be!)

Can't wait to hear about it!!!

Steven said...

"This is how I have fun. It's the Crackhead way."

That's a great quote. Go get it done!

Crackhead said...

Truthfully, I don't know if I can complete that 300K. Did you see the amount of climbing? That is just insane. How long would it take me? Well I'd have to average 13.3MPH for the entire time to make it between 6:00AM and 8:00PM, or 14 hours. But I assume there will be places where you can "out" yourself if you can't do the full distance. I did tell my coach about it, and he wants to "talk" about it. I don't think even he has done anything this nuts. 300K is 186 miles. WTF IS THAT????? I KNOW this would be way worse than an Ironman, which is why I want to give it a shot.

Stay tuned. I may need to declare August CRACKHEAD BIKE MONTH.

Fe-lady said...

Have you ever thought about RAAM?
(Race across America?)
Hardly any women compete solo anymore...you should do it!

Fe-lady said...

Oh and we have a 252 mile "race" here in AZ each spring...it would be nice to see more women participate in this event also.

Crackhead said...

RAAM--not so much. Too much prolonged agony. That 252 mile "race" sounds neat, though.