Friday, October 20, 2006

Good Luck Ironman Hawaii and Chicago Marathon Competitors

It's a big weekend!

Saturday is considered a "high holy day" among triathletes, with Ironman Hawaii going on. I want to wish good luck to the following racers that I know: Jennifer and Jerome Harrison (yes, husband and wife both qualified), Jean-Paul Lanaux, Ron Dornecker, Bob Scott, Ken Glah and Debi Bernardes. And of course, my personal picks for the pro winners, Normann Stadtler and Natasha Badmann.

Sunday is the Chicago Marathon--one of the largest marathons in the country. The weather calls for 40's, which should be absolutely PERFECT! Good luck to the following racers (I am sure there are a lot more folks that I know, but I haven't scanned the entire participants list): Ino Navarete, Lee Crumbaugh, Denise Allman, Lori Dunn, Eric Bruce, Dan Brown and Lora of Lora Runs fame.

Sunday is also my 50th birthday, so the weekend is full of excitement for me and for people I know. I suppose that I will need to incorporate some manner of "50" into my long run on Sunday. Or maybe not. We shall see.

Everyone enjoy the races and have great weekends!

7 comments:

Andy said...

Happy Early Birthday!!!

I hope you have a very enjoyable birthday weekend! I love when birthdays are on weekends. My favorites are Faris and Natasha! Unfortunately I do not know anyone in either race, but I am sure I will know someone someday (maybe even myself).

Have not run in 40 degree weather, but i will take your word for it that it is good weather.

Murtha

Cliff said...

Happy B-day...

Cliff said...

Happy B-day...

I want to see Norman come back and rip the course :).

Steven said...

Have a great birthday!

And I'm picking Lovato on the Men's side and Jones on the Women's.

Habeela said...

What a better way to celebrate than to watch the Championships in Kona! Happy Birthday!

Lora said...

OMG----HAPPY HAPPY 50TH!!

I will sing to you while I'm running the Marathon!! ;)

May this be a year full of smiles and good friends close by! You deserve wonderful things to happen to you--I think you're quite the special person!

Now blow hard on those damn candles!!!

Cindy Jo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!!! What a great weekend for a Chicagoland triathlete to have a birthday! Hope you have some beers to wash down your birthday treats. You rock!