Thursday, March 01, 2007

Crackhead is Getting a Shiny New Thing!




I am in process of specing components to go on this beauty, the Eddy Merckx Carbon 3XM. Dura Ace 10 speed gruppo, Ergomo powermeter on compact crankset, Oval carbon bar, carbon cage, and now I'm wheel hunting, although I already know I'm getting red Salsa Ti skewers. What could be more fun?


I already ride quite a bit, and have plenty of opportunities to be on a road bike; but my existing one is cheap (-ish--it cost me about $2k way back when) and has a crappy gruppo on it. I was considering just upgrading the gruppo, but I was convinced by my coach-and-near-bike-shop (a total enabler, by the way), to just get a new bike. So I'm doing that.


I'll get to use the new steed at least for the 200K and 300K rides I have planned this year, and this would be a sweet ride should I decide to do Silverman (I wouldn't even consider that course on a tri bike). Next year, I'll be attending my coach's elite camp that will follow the Tour of California course, only we ride ahead of the peloton every day (and really, I won't ride every day--I'm not that much of a Crackhead).


What the hell, maybe I'll even smack my new bitch up for Desoto Triple T, as that course is VERY hilly. Whatever her name (sorry, girl, but "Bitch" is already taken by the Griffen Vulcan), she is going to suffer and like it!

6 comments:

Steven said...

Very nice ride!

I'm sure the two of you will be very happy together.

Once she gets used to you, that is!

Cindy Jo said...

If you get that can I just tie a rope on back and ride on rollerblades for Triple T?

Tammy said...

Oooo, she's purty. Does she have a sister? :D

Brett said...

That's cool. You'll have to post another picture when you get it all tricked out.

Spokane Al said...

After reading your training posts, I believe your new bike is in for a hard, hard life.

Comm's said...

been down with the cold but wanted to catch up and say sweet ride.