Thursday, March 26, 2009

Run, Run, Run!

Since I moved my long run to Thursdays this week, I thought I probably have put in a lot of running in the last week, so I went and added it up, and for the 7 day period beginning last Friday through today, I've put in 42 miles!

I had no trouble getting in my 1:40 run this morning, except for starting at 6:30AM which will get earlier and earlier as the runs move up towards 2:00, since I need to start working by 9AM. I still did my extra crap before I ran this morning, and wasn't sure I could pull off the run. Yesterday I didn't get enough sleep and felt generally run down from the combination of lack of sleep and training a lot, and thought I might be getting sick, too. But I felt pretty good this AM after a good night's sleep, albeit a bit dizzy which I think was leftover from 1/2 tablet of Advil PM that I took around 1:30AM because I wanted to make sure I kept sleeping.

I drank a can of Coke and a little bit of Gatorade during the run, and it was fine, and I had some company on the adjacent treadmill for about :30. Our conversation was extremely colorful--this guy has a lot of respect for my level of fitness, and at one time I thought I wanted to date him, but he was frank that he couldn't deal with someone like me! So today we were discussing some female stuff, since I guess his girlfriend is around my age, and then the conversation deteriorated (in a good way) from there.

I finished up the run with 15' on the track where I was able to run solidly at about my 10K pace, which is what I was supposed to do, and overall, the entire run felt great. I stretched about 10' and now I'm at work and will probably want a little lay-down at some point, but I still have about 30' of strength to knock out today. At the end of the day, I'm going to go pick up my award from the indoor tri series, and that should be a nice way to head into the weekend.

It always amazes me how a few pounds off makes such a difference running, but it does. In my case, it's not enough to make me necessarily overall faster; rather it just makes it feel less bad when I do run. But no worries, I have no desires to lose any more weight at this point. I still remember back to the first time I was this small and I was climbing on the bike and for the first time wasn't wishing I was any lighter! That is a good feeling.

On that note, back to work for me...

1 comment:

Texafornia said...

Hey, this is Texafornia... What's totalman? Msg me at twitter.com/texafornia or texafornia @ the gmails.