Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Have a Plan

In the midst of trying to run (and walk) as much as possible so I feel ready for my 50-miler, I have been poring over my training plan. This has been going on for weeks now. I had a plan through the end of the year done about 4 weeks ago and had sketched beyond that, but was struggling with a few things like did I have a good enough swim program, could I actually run as much as I'm planning and how did this compare to years past in terms of a safe volume increase.

Almost every day I would look at the plan and think of additional things. I am finally settled on something that looks like I can actually do it. Well, on paper! Everyone I've talked to so far has said you don't need to train that much more than for an Ironman. Well, I guess it depends how you define "that much more!"

What I ended up with gives me almost 100 hours more training than my typical season, but a lot of that is crammed between ROTPM and Goofy Challenge, which is when I will be doing a LOT of running and more swimming than I would normally do that time of year. So basically, September-December are super heavy on the running, then I add back more biking and keep up the swimming, then a lot more biking basically. It will not be easy, especially the last about 16 weeks. But I didn't sign up for UMC with the idea that it would be easy. I want to be prepared!

So here it is in all its nutso glory...if anyone has comments or questions on it, fire away!




























Here is how everything adds up (ROTPM is not included in the totals) and how this compares to last year and my all time highs in each sport:











In case anyone looks at this and thinks "she will have no life," somehow I think I will manage ;)

No comments: