Saturday, September 12, 2009

Various Updates

First off, I've listed the URL for my Facebook page on the sidebar, but here it is also.

I updated the sticker on my car:

282.3 is the total miles I covered during ROTPM, and IFPM stands for I'm a Fucking PirateMan, which was recommended to me by a Facebook friend! I suppose that when I finish UltraMan, I will need to cover this entire sticker up and replace it with 318.6, which is the Ultraman total distance.

Here is a pic of the frame for my impending new bike. We don't have the wheels designed yet, and I am still wavering on PowerTap vs. Ergomo, since I found information that says Ergomo will be opening back up for business. If that's the case, I'd rather just have the bottom bracket power meter, and then I can have the Zipp wheels just for racing and use the training wheels off of Bitchie for training. There are a lot of decisions I need to make yet!


Isn't it cool looking? I was thinking black and white, but flames don't look too good in white, and I do like red, so we're going black and red only.

I am going up to ride and cheer at Ironman Wisconsin tomorrow. It will be a long day for me, but longer for those racing, and I know I will feel the heart strings tug that I am not racing it. Something tells me I need to go back and kick that race's ass, but tomorrow I will just be happy to be up there supporting a lot of people I know and hope to be able to offer them a few knowing words while they are out there. The weather is predicted to be awesome, and that is good all around!

I feel pretty blase today, like I'm barely training, but that is a good thing. It means I am recovering the right way. As much as I'd like to be doing more, no worries, that will happen soon enough! Today I'm going to run and then walk/hike for awhile, and then I have a whole day to do whatever I want before I pack for my little trip tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: