Friday, November 21, 2014

No Apologies


Every morning now I wake up and I think I LOVE DOING THIS. I love being on a path to achieve something bigger that is somewhat scary. I love gathering my true supporters around me, especially those who have their own scary goals. I love bringing others along for my ride, even if it's just to watch and think "she's nuts." I love that I know so many amazing people who are equally or more nuts.  I love my non-triathlon friends who accept me just the way I am and understand that this is all about passion. I accept when I fail along the way and learn from it and move on. I tune into my body and my mind, checking it constantly to see what it needs--am I giving it enough? Too much? Every single day I decide what is necessary for that day in the context of yesterday and tomorrow and my goals. I make sure I find time to give away my knowledge, because knowledge is energy, and everyone can use more of it. I ask for help from others when I need it because none of us can do this alone. Sometimes I don't ask for help soon enough, and then I ask for help in flagging when I need it!

I make no apologies for my own high expectations of myself and those around me. This is how I need to be. Should the universe intervene and toss me yet another monkey wrench, I will reevaluate the goal.

So far, so good.

1 comment:

Tea said...

Most definitely.