Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekly Workout Totals 3/19/2007-3/25/2007 and Free at Last!

Thank God those indoor tri races are over!

Yes, I raced yesterday, and no I didn't take first place. Just call me Avis! On the plus side, though, I found out SBH is a track coach, so I am honored to lose to a "runner." I did have a good swim and of course, won the bike. My run sucked for whatever reason, I don't know, but I gave it my all. SBH and I did a great job of beating almost the entire 40-49 age group, though. I saw a friend of mine, Lori (sorry no blog for her), who is about my size, looking fit as hell. She's a great athlete, and smokes me easily, but she's younger than me, so no worries.

I ended up getting about :45 of massage yesterday, which any way you look at it, is a wonderful gift! I had Ken work on my upper back before I raced, and then he gave me at least :30 afterwards. We talked about food (he used to be a chef), exercise, music and other stuff. Ken commented to me that everyone he works on after these races has stringy, tough muscles except for me, so apparently all my stretching and massage is doing what it's supposed to do.

It was in the mid-70's here yesterday, so all of us racing were thinking, "What the fuck are we doing working out indoors?" So I thought how nice it would be to run outdoors afterwards. Bad idea. After the last 3 races I ran on the treadmill afterwards. After 1 hour on the road yesterday, my knees were so beat up that I decided it was enough! On the plus side, though, I got the beginnings of a suntan. I pretty much brown up if I just LOOK at the sun. I enjoyed that 1 hour run so much, though--here I had numbers on an arm and a leg, and I am sure that perplexed the hell out of onlookers.

Because of the thrashing my legs took yesterday, I'm going to take a day off from running and instead get back on my swimmng. I'm excited to see what I can do now that we're working out those trigger points on, under and around my left scapula. I should hit around 13.5 hours this week, and next week I'll add about another hour, and then before you know it I'll be riding a lot more outdoors on La gazza ladra!

Ciao!


Weekly Totals 03/19/2007-03/25/2007
Swim: 5225 yards (2.97 miles) in 1.82 hours; 15% of weekly workout time; approx. 636 calories burned
Bike: Approx. 92.34 miles in 5.27 hours; 42% of weekly workout time; approx. 2415 calories burned
Run: Approx. 25.95 miles in 3.92 hours; 31% of weekly workout time; approx. 1782 calories burned
Strength: 1.45 hours; 12% of weekly workout time; approx. 363 calories burned
All Sports: Approx. 121.26 miles in 12.46 hours; approx. 5196 calories burned
Sleep: 8.29 hours avg./night
Stretching: 2.55 hours. Massage: 2.25 hours

2 comments:

Andy said...

Hey Stranger!!!

Looks like you had a great week. So what is your opinion on those indoor races? I will workout indoors, but I don't think I will ever want to race indoors. That is of course unless i move somewhere where the weather is too horrible to be racing out in.

Murtha...

Michael Lardizabal said...

Hard to run against a run coach.Usually means they're a lifer,so even bigger props to you for keeping it close.

So where's this bike I keep reading about.You know the rules ; )

You got your LP accomodations all squared away ?