Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fucking Rabbits and Things I've Learned This Week so Far




You can see my bar/bike shop supplieds above, and I did my toenails yesterday/today. Yes, there are TEN DIFFERENT COLORS. But they are all shiny.
In support and honor of Cindy, here's a list of stuff I learned this week so far (I can't believe it's only Tuesday):


  1. Rabbits make me crazy. My back yard is overrun by rabbits. Every size, every color. And they are barely frightened of me!

  2. Cupcakes with whipped cream and PAMA (pomegranate liquer) and guava juice cocktails aren't good training nutrition.

  3. I can run on no sleep and the after effects of PAMA and guava juice cocktails. Swimming--not so much.

  4. I can still think pretty well on no sleep.

  5. I am fucking creative--will reveal the fruits within a few weeks.

  6. I still love my 80's ska and new-age records (yes, RECORDS! I have a Bang & Olafsen turntable that plays them spectacularly). Talking Heads, Tom Tom Club, Specials, General Public are still good music.

  7. I can only take so much of my attempts at Zen-like peacefulness before they are interrupted by hard training.

  8. Free hot dogs after a swim at the YMCA rocks.

  9. Regular people think I do nothing but train. Today I was asked if I do "regular" things like go to movies, festivals, etc. Well part of the year I don't do anything but train (like now), but the rest of the year somehow I manage to grow a beautiful garden, sew for myself and others, read a bunch of books, cook and work. I don't "entertain," and there are a lot of typical things others do that I don't, but I still love my life.

  10. My blog is very popular. I've installed Blogpatrol, so I know who you are looking for and at me. I suppose it doesn't hurt I am Crackhead, and apparently a lot of people Google that and end up here. Happy to help! I want to thank all my readers who have followed my advice that it's not necessary to leave comments all the time. But sometimes I like to know who you are and that you are here, so shout out once in awhile!

  11. I still have not commited to an Ironman for 2008, although there are already pushers trying to rope me into one. Coach thinks I should JUST SAY NO TO IRONMAN IN 2008. We shall see. Ask me in 3 weeks.

  12. It's eerie getting a postcard in the mail about my next dentist appointment which is July 31, which is AFTER IMLP. Just looking at the date makes me think about how will it have gone? I don't like thinking about "after the race" until it's actually happened.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Is that a picture of a bike shop or what I think it it - your basement? If it's the latter, you are an extremely sick and twisted person...and, I'm jealous ;)

Crackhead said...

Yeah, that's my basement :) There are wheels hanging in the laundry room and 3 trainers scattered about. Coach saw it and said "You have a bike shop down here." I said, "I have my priorities."

momo said...

oh, how i can relate to so many of those things!

love the toes, btw!!

Darren said...

Damn! You've been crazy bloggin lately! Just getting caught up..
1) Rabbits? Bah. We have wild turkeys coming to our bird feeders.. AND deer. Yes deer. It's on odd year.
2) Free hot dogs at anytime is a bad thing. Hot dogs are suspect at the best of times.. FREE hot dogs, well frankly that scare the hell out of me. Get it? Frankly! Damn, I kill me.
3)Been keeping an eye on your training, weekly volumes and consistency. I honestly think you'll lay some smack down at IMLP. Seriously.
4)Love the bar setup. Can't for the life of me figure out what is on the top shelf furthest to the right.. and is that a bottle of Yeagermeister beside the Bell box? How's that go down on the long rides?

Crackhead said...

Top shelf furthest to right--I think Darren's asking about the piece of an arm cast. That's from when I broke my arm while rollerskating drunk while I was going through my divorce. The piece I saved is the part that went over my elbow. The lesson from that little experience? Don't drink and skate!

No Jagermeister in my house, but what you can't see behind all the bike crap is all the liquor--gin (I can't drink it because it makes me go insane, and I MEAN that--don't anybody ever slip me gin), tequila, rum, etc.

effendi said...

why does coach think no IM in 2008? What instead?