Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Weekly Workout Totals 8/20/2007-8/26/2007 and Hottie Inspiration

I was feeling slackerish this morning in getting ready for my swim. Not sure why--I had a pretty good run yesterday (albeit on the dreadmill), even though my legs were still tired from the Sunday festival.

So I donned my Vegas pink suit, pink flip flops and grabbed a pink cap and headed to the pool. On the way in, I ran into a friend who had done the Bike Psychos ride on Sunday, and I think it was his first 100-miler, and he said he had 110 miles! Again, that meshes perfectly with me ending at 134 miles on the day. I congratulated him for toughing it out.

Arriving on the pool deck, I ran into Brent, who I've only seen once at the Y. I told him I must be psychic, and by that I meant that I was wearing my pink suit. We chatted, and I laughed because he knew what was going on with me because he reads this blog. I warmed up, and we chatted some more and he asked me how much I was going to swim today. I said I should swim 3500, but that I had looked at a workout and wasn't doing that and would just make something up.

I took off and was cycling through what I might do--5x500, 8x300, 6x400 or what. Initially, I settled in on swimming 2000 straight, then I was thinking 2x1500, but at 1500 I just wanted to keep going (which is odd, since I rarely do long, straight swims), so then I thought I'd keep going to 2000, but when I finished that, I figured I would just swim until 8:30. I ended up swimming 3000 straight, so with my warmup, 3800 yards.

So thanks, Brent, for inspiring me today. After all our talk about HTFU, I got that in my head and it got me going. Oh and yeah I enjoyed watching you swim there for awhile. I mean, ladies--have you ever known a guy named Brent who wasn't a hottie? I'd put him in my Hottie Brigade, except I don't have a pic of him (yet). Guess I need to take my camera to the pool...

Here's how I finished out last week:
Weekly Workout Totals 08/20/2007-08/26/2007
Swim: 10800 yards (6.13 miles) in 3.67 hours;
18% of weekly workout time;
approx. 1284 calories burned
Bike: Approx. 200.41 miles in 11.53 hours;
57% of weekly workout time;
approx. 5191 calories burned
Run: Approx. 28.16 miles in 4.42 hours;
22% of weekly workout time;
approx. 2009 calories burned
Strength: 0.72 hours; 4% of weekly workout time;
approx. 180 calories burned
All Sports: Approx. 234.7 miles in 20.34 hours;
approx. 8664 calories burned
Sleep: 7.61 hours avg./night
Stretching: 1.83 hours. Massage: 1.5 hours

1 comment:

Andy said...

I find it very interesting on workout days where all of the sudden my mind (and body, of course) decide that they want to do more than what I initially planned.

I will have to admit (being secure in my manhood ;) That the only Brent's I have known were good looking. I think my finace even dated a Brent.

I like your new time category, massage. I had one for the first time Monday after my race, and it was the best thing possible, except for the price. If I want to do it more frequently, I will have to go somewhere else, or tell the girl I know over there to give me a discount :b

Murtha...