Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Happy Shoes






























Stronger thought she was on Momo's blog when she saw my sparkly toes, so I guess I felt the need to exonerate myself.

I have a small collection of what I call "happy shoes." The original pair is shown in the first 2 shots, and were acquired at Ron Jon's in Cocoa Beach (Florida, where else???) in 2004. Sometime I should post the race report that goes with them here, but I'll save that for another day. The short story is I bought the shoes, and then in the morning of the Disney 1/2 IM (now a 70.3 race), I was getting ready and blurted out, "Where are my happy shoes?" And I found them and put them on and got all my stuff together on race morning.

The next pair I got are the ones in the last picture, and they are Dr. Scholl's vintage 2004 also. Alas, my right shoe has a crack, but I can still wear them "lightly." The pair with the big buckles are Kenneth Cole shoes and the last pair is by Cindy Says. I got those 2 pair late one night online shopping at Nordstrom.

I will probably get a new pair of happy shoes this year; I just need to find the right ones. But one thing's for sure--whenever I put on one of these pairs of shoes, it's impossible to not be happy!

I did leave out one pair--the ones with the flashing heels--but they can be seen here. I haven't done the pink toes yet, but trust me, they will be imminent for Triple T! Today's colors are in anticipation of my next NothingMan which I'm calling Triple Dog Dare, as I'll do a sprint on Friday, and Oly on Saturday and a 1/2 IM on Sunday.

2 comments:

momo said...

i'm so JEALOUS! i must have that third pair - they're too cool!

Fat Loser said...

Pink toes soon!! Can I help?