Saturday, July 05, 2008

Hello, Taper



Hello Taper my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because I knew that I must see you
To let my body do its best for you
And the reason that I came to you in pain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I ran alone
Narrow streets of marathon
'Neath the halo of a glowstick
I turned my face to watch the bold and quick
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the brilliant light I saw
Two thousand people, maybe more
People running without speaking
People hearing without listening
People living dreams that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools", said I, "You do not know
This is all you need to know
See my calm that I might teach you
Trust yourself that you know what to do"
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed
In the wells of silence

And spectators cheered and prayed
To some IM god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The Ironman could care less what you’ve done and when you fall
And that is all"
And whispered in the sounds of silence

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Very nice. And I love that song. So many lines were perfectly perfect for your version.